Love this picture!
So, I finally gave in. Jonathan is a tummy sleeper. I have been letting him sleep on his tummy during the day for probably about 2 weeks now. And at night he has been sleeping in his car seat. But the last few days he won't even stay asleep in his car seat. And we tried sleeping him on his back. But even if we bundled him or titled the mattress up, he wouldn't sleep longer than 20 minutes. It was so frusturating. So last night Nathan convinced me that Jonathan wasn't going to die of SIDS if we put him to sleep on his tummy at night. And when we were babies our parents were told to sleep us on our tummies and we all survived. We all needed the sleep, and since Jonathan had been awake for about 6 hours (with a few 20 minute naps here and there) he really needed the sleep too. So, we put him on his tummy. I was really nervous about it. But he survived and slept for 4 1/2 hours before waking up at 3:30. It was marvelous. I almost forgot how nice it was to sleep. Thank you Jonathan.
Jonathan is getting so big. Yesterday I whipped out the 3-6 month jammies because his 3 month ones were getting to small and he couldn't stretch his legs out anymore. He doesn't smile yet. At least not at us. He smiles at his Pooh stickers on the wall though. So he can, maybe we just aren't funny enough.
We got him some new medication for his reflux. The zantac just wasn't cutting it. The Prevacid seems to be working so far. But it has just been a few days. It is a pill that disolves in his mouth. It's really funny to watch him try and manuver it. We have to keep pushing it back in. He probably get about 80%-90% of it in. The rest is on his mouth and our fingers. I stopped eating dairy because he started getting rashy and was still fussy. I think it has helped. But whether it is dairy or chocolate I know not. But I have had a bit of cheese the last few days and it hasn't seemed to effect him much. So, there is hope that maybe I will get to have a bowl of cereal in the morning one of these days. Oh how I miss my cereal!
6 comments:
Lyv liked to sleep on her tummy too- she still sleeps in the "stinkbug" position with her bum in the air! I hope the new medication will help Jonathan out. It's so nice to have a happy, sleeping baby!
Cassie slept on her side and stomach since day one! Even to this day, she prefers to sleep on her side/stomach! Hopefully sleep will catch up to your family :-)
Ya know...if putting Jonathan on his tummy is going to get you some sleep then I'm all for it! You aren't the only one out there that has given in (just to make you feel better). I have a couple of friends who have done the same thing. Cute little guy!
he's such a doll. i hope he starts to feel better.
I'm glad you switched to prevacid.
It really is much better. but they dont have you disolve it in a syringe with water?? You should give it a try. it's a lot easier!
You may want to look into a breathing monitor like Angel Care. We have one and absolutely love it. It is a pad that goes under the mattress that alerts you if they stop breathing. It's great for peice of mind!
It's so true - you have to do what works. The last few nights, I've been letting Cole sleep in his boppy because he has a cold and keeps walking up if we just put him on the mattress. I agree - people have been doing all kinds of stuff for years, and their kids make it. Ours will too!
Post a Comment