I love to read a good book. And when I find one that I like I tend to read all of them in the series, or all of the books that author writes. And it so happens to be that today one of my favorite series, Fablehaven, has come out with its fourth book, The Dragon Sanctuary. This is a great series. And to prove it, it has been a New York Times Bestseller. The series is for younger kids but has proven to be a great book for adults too. It has been compared to the Harry Potter series in that regard. The series is about siblings Seth and Kendra and their adventures during summer vacations spent with their grandparents who are the "keepers" of a magical preserve for magical creatures such as fairies, satyrs, witches, goblins etc. I'm not going to go much into it past that. But the books are great. Unfortunately, I only have book three. I haven't had the time today to run out and get four and I read one and two from the library. But someday I hope to have the entire collection so that my own children can read and enjoy them too.
Speaking of books... I just love to read. Soon, I am going to post along the side of the blog some of my favorite books. That way those who are looking for something to read might enjoy one of my suggestions. Until then, I suggest you read the Fablehaven series.
And on top of that. Has anyone ever been in a book club? I think it would be fun to have a book club that met once a month. Would anyone be interested in starting a book club with me? And how would I go about starting one? Send me an email or post a note if you are interested.
3 comments:
I love to read and have thought about starting a book club too---we'll have to think of some good ways to start one!
Our book club was started by some gals in the neighborhood about 3 years ago. We've had some that aren't right in our ward boundaries, but it's pretty much evolved into just people nearby with a couple of ladies who moved out still popping in to visit periodically. I'd suggest just asking around in the neighborhood.
We're starting one again at church - through Enrichment. We're hoping this one will be more successful than the last time they tried. I'll have to get some book recommendations from you...
Post a Comment