THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Is it a Hobo Spider?

They boys were cleaning downstairs and Daniel came and told me there was a spider in the Shrek Bowl that they play with in their kitchen. So I went to see it. Now mind you that I am afraid of spiders and when I saw this one I started freaking out. But I was trying not to show it because I didn't want my boys to see. But it was the biggest scariest spider I have ever seen in my house. It looked like it had fangs. If Nathan would have been home I would have run to him as fast as I could. But he wasn't, so I had to be brave. I took some pictures, picked up the bowl, put it in the toilet, and flushed it at least 5 times to make sure it really was down there. Then I got online, to see what I could find out about spiders. The picture I took doesn't do it justice, but it looks like a Hobo spider. Anybody ever seen one before or had one in their house? It looked too hairy to be a Brown Recluse, or anything else I have ever seen. All I can say is that I am FREAKING OUT that I could have Hobo Spiders in my house!!! Even if it isn't a Hobo Spider the fact that I have spiders that big in my house is scary!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

I would have done the same thing and for a smaller spider! I hate spiders and make Lance kill them! Yikes that is a big one.

The Petterssons said...

I am so afraid of spider and so I would have done the same thing and flushed it at least five times...likely more. It does look like a Hobo, but I haven't seen one in ages.

Danielle said...

AGH! That looks like a particularly squishy one.

Nurse Heidi said...

Yep, sure looks like a Hobo. We lived in a charming basement apartment that was totally infested with them when we were newlyweds. I remember one night in which Alan weilded a shoe, flashlight and broom and went on a killing spree that netted a half dozen dead spiders. They're fast, ugly and poisonous. The research I did said that poison doesn't kill them, so we got a bunch of glue traps. Egh. Great memories.