THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What are you reading?

I finished reading Breaking Dawn last night at 11:00, the fourth and final book of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I enjoyed it. Not as much as the previous books, and there were some parts that I thought were down right "cheesy" and dumb. The other night I didn't sleep well, and everytime I woke up I was thinking about the book. Does anyone else obsess about books like that? But I'm glad that I read it, and that the series is over so that I can have peace of mind that it ended happy.

But now I need a new book to read. I would love suggestions! Do you have a favorite book that you would recommend?

And what do you do in the summertime when it is 100 degrees outside? Do you scrapbook or read? Do you have other hobbies to fill the day? I have felt like I have been the laziest bum lately. I just want to sit all day, and do nothing. Maybe that's part of my pregnancy. I know the laundry needs to be done, and the dishwasher emptied, but who wants to do that? And cook dinner? Does anyone else feel like me, or are you all keep yourselves pretty busy?

3 comments:

Jones Family said...

No- I know just how you feel! I escape to the basement and scrapbook or read. If you are up for something a little more serious- I recommend the Kingdom and the Crown series- they're excellent. Or the Secret Life of Bees is a fun read as well. Love your blog- glad things are happy at the Strong's! :) Brytt

Nurse Heidi said...

I love Shannon Hale's books. Princess Academy is more juvenile lit, but still enjoyable. The Goose Girl series is one of my favorites of all time.

Cristine said...

The Goose Girl was great. It was a fariytale I really enjoyed:)