Nathan and the boys sitting on the bed watching Evan Almighty.
That morning after breakfast (which was interesting since we had to threaten our kids to eat their breakfast) we packed up our gear and headed to Lagoon. We were all very excited. When we got their Daniel was pointing at everything and calling them "water slides" and Tyler was calling the White Roller Coaster the "train".
Our first stop was Lagoon-A-Beach. Daniel says that this was his favorite part. Daniel and Tyler were too small to go on the water slides and I couldn't because I am pregnant. We took a dip in the lazy river, which Tyler didn't really like, but maybe that was because his life jacket looked like it was choking him. Then we found the cool little kids area in the middle of the lazy river. It had little water slides, tunnels, swings, and water falls. They loved this. Daniel especially loved a little slide that was probably 10 feet long that he could go on all by himself. He kept climbing the stairs and going down the water slide over and over again. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures. I was afraid to carry my camera around with all the water.
After Lagoon-A-Beach we went on rides. This was fun! I couldn't go on any, but I didn't need to. I was happy that the boys were having a good time. (Doesn't that sound cheesy!) Most of the rides adults couldn't go on anyway. And the ones we could kind of freaked out Ty. Nathan said I was being a bit over cautious, but I didn't want to chance it. Daniel liked a lady bug ride that is kind of like The Rocket for those of you who have been to Lagoon. But it was a smaller version for kids. Tyler liked the rides that stayed on the ground. I think his favorite were the little bumper cars that just went because they didn't have a gas pedal. It took him a second time to get the steering down and once he did, he would give the other kids dirty looks when they crashed him, it was funny!
Daniel also got to play in the fountain after we left. That was probably his most favorite part. He loved getting wet, and running around. It was fun for me to seee him having so much fun!
It was a long day, and Tyler didn't even make it onto the freeway before he was asleep. We were just grateful for the opportunity to have some family time together.



2 comments:
sounds like a great vacation!
That sounds like a lot of fun - sometimes the ones closest to home can be more memorable.
Post a Comment