THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Thursday, February 5, 2009

These are the days of my life....



My days are starting to get a little more settled as we enter week 3 of little Jonathan's life. I have actually gotten out of my jammies and ready for the day before lunchtime twice this week. I wondered if I would ever be able to do so. The day just goes by so fast. It takes an hour to feed and burp and change the baby. Then getting the other kids fed and dressed. Then myself fed and dressed. Nathan asked me this morning if I was planning on going anywhere today, to which I replied, "I don't think I am getting out of here anytime soon." And last night we had a great date to Jonathan's two-week appointment. I'm sure errands and appointments will the the normal date night for a few months. There just doesn't seem to be time for much else.

Jonathan has tested my patience many, MANY times. And I wonder if the other kids ever screamed as loud or as much as he does. But I am becoming more immune to it. And I don't remember ever being so frusturated with nursing when it came to the other two, but I know they had their problems too. I'm just glad that the lactation specialist was able to help us, and that it's not something I'm doing wrong, but rather Jonathan's tongue that doesn't want to move out of the way. That was a huge relief, now we just have to do "sucking practice", which I think is helping. And I am grateful to Nathan who is there to settle him and me when it isn't going well. We have discovered that he is one of those personalities that would rather sleep through it then deal with the frusturation of trying to nurse. I on the other hand don't appreciate it at 3am when all I want him to do is eat so he will sleep. As I say to him frequently..."Either eat or sleep, but you can't do both at the same time!"

At this point of his life he still has very few quite alert times. Still mostly eating or sleeping. Or as I would say, "He is either on or he is off." But I just love to cuddle him. He is such a cuddly guy and still loves to be bundled, and he doesn't sleep well if he isn't.

1 comment:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Jen, I am glad to hear that things seem to be going well. And I am sorry I was not able to come over the other night with the girls. I was sick and my kids have been sick and I just didn't want to bring anything your way. I will have to stop by later. I think that I may have had the loudest screaming baby, Sadie was horrible the first few months till we found out that she had acid reflux. And I too was glad that Lance was there when I needed to get her calmed down as well. I hope that he continues to Nurse better for you. He is so cute and the boys look like they really love him!