That is how much a trillion dollars is. If you spent a million dollars a day from the time Jesus was born till now, you would still have money left over. That is how much money that is.
Now I'm no economist or a politician, and I'm definetly not very good at my own budget, but doesn't $3.6 trillion dollars sound like a lot of money for a budget. Of course Obama can cut the deficit by $2 trillion if he has a yearly budget that high for the next 4 years. I haven't read the budget, but I did hear that $600 million (or was it billion?) was for universal health care which I am not a fan of. The health care system does need reform, but I'm not for universal, and $600 million sounds like a lot. I wonder what other kinds of things are in this budget.
Maybe the budget needs to be that high, I don't know, but it still sounds like a lot of money to me.
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
The actual budget can be found at this website if you're interested.
http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/fy10/pdf/fy10-newera.pdf
It's 630 Billion with a 'B', although it's spread over 10 years (page 67 near the bottom). I originally thought it was a single-year expenditure. But 63 billion/yr. is still quite a large number. I love that half the number comes through "savings and efficiencies" which can be translated as "paying care providers less".
When I asked one of my friends in the health care industry (chiropractor) what he thought of the proposals, he said "Basically the plan is that everyone will have health insurance, but there will be no doctors to go to because they'll be out of business."
I thought that was great gallows humor.
I want to buy a yacht and christen it "Bailout".
Post a Comment