Nathan and I are working on increasing our food storage because he is afraid of "hyper-inflation". From what he has told me, it sounds like something that could happen with the way the economy is going. It seems that printing money and pouring money into programs that don't really seem to solve economic problems really could do us more harm than good. I guess we'll see what happens down the road. But like Nathan, I'm not very optimistic. You can check out his blog at www.nateexpectations.blogspot.com if you want to read more about what he thinks.
When it comes to food storage I am kind of unsure where to start and what to do. We had a lot of food storage. Especially canned items and wheat. But what about all the beans an powdered milk you need. What am I suppose to do with that? And a years worth of food storage is SO much food. I'm not sure we even have the space for it.
I have found a couple of sites from blog stalking (Is that really such a crime?) and through friends that help with food storage prep and recipes. The recipes are especially helpful for me, because I don't want to buy the food just to have it sit until it isn't good anymore and through it out. So, here are a couple of sites I found that are helpful.
http://bepracticaltoday.blogspot.com/
http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/
http://everydayfoodstorage.net/
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My relief society puts together a list of things to get each month and the quantity...I could forward what I have so far, if you'd like. It might be a good start too.
My mom uses her food storage and replaces what she uses. So instead of shopping for food for the kitchen, she gets the stuff she used from the storage stuff...that way it's always being rotated and won't go bad, and you know you'll eat what's stored there because you already do!
Don't forget to buy a gun while you are at it:)
Post a Comment