THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's too early!

Here it is 4:30am and I can't sleep. I can't sleep because I'm sick. Blah! I've finally gotten the stomach bug that all the kids have gotten. Daniel threw up Sunday night, but that was it. No fever, no warning. It was here and then it was gone. So, I thought it was just a fluke thing. Then Tyler started throwing up early Tuesday morning and didn't stop until the next morning. Then yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) Jonathan started throwing up. And there is nothing worse than having your baby sick and pukey. Now I'm doing it too. I'd have to say, though, that this is a different "bug" than I have experienced before. I now understand when Daniel said his stomach felt "different" what he meant by that. I don't feel really nauseated and my stomach doesn't hurt. If anything it feels a little bit like indigestion. And then a minute or so before I feel it, I puke. And my body feels weak and shaky, but I'm not shaky. It's weird.

Now I have to figure out how to stay hydrated enough to nurse Jonathan. That is really the hard part. He woke up at 2am and wanted to nurse. I had Nathan care for him, and he brought Jonathan into the bedroom and laid him on the bed and then he whimpered and crawled right over to me. It was so sad. So, I let him nurse, but I'm sure it will all come right back up, but at least he went back to bed.

Luckily, I have a great husband who will stay home and take care of me and the kids today. Oh, how I love him!

3 comments:

Rebecah Ogden said...

i'm up with you jen...but not because i'm sick, i'm at work. hey, i'm sick of work does that count

Jones Family said...

Yuk! Get better soon...

Something that works for me is a mug of hot water with lemon and honey. It seems to settle my stomach and get some fluid in. Give it a go...

Alisha said...

I know how you feel... we've already had two rounds of colds go through our house and it is only barely fall! So sorry!