Thursday, November 13, 2008
I hope I don't regret this...
...but I felt I needed to say something. This whole Proposition 8 thing has gotten out of control. It was voted on, and passed by the majority in California. It wasn't a big margin but still the people spoke. Isn't it time to move on? I know that everyone has feelings about this, some for or against and some of us somewhere in the middle. And I feel for those people who were already married and now feel like their marriages are threatened. Those of the gay and lesbian community are very hurt by this and feel that they have been attacked and that those who support and were for Prop 8 are preaching hate. But what are the members of the gay and lesbian community teaching when they are going out and attacking those who supported it? The gay and lesbian community would look like the better people if they just said, "Hey, it passed. We are saddened that people don't view marriage like we do. But we will be the bigger people and be civil." I would love to see something like this instead of people who are having their own beliefs about marriage between a man and woman attacked. It's all sad that it's come to this, but lets move on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment