THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Happy Halloween!


Having Nathan home for Halloween this year was a real treat. Usually I don't do anything to celebrate the holiday. But this year I was determined to make Halloween feel like a holiday and do fun things together as a family. I had a list of all the things that I wanted to do and Nathan was nice enough to tag along.

First thing that morning we went to Gardner Village and participate in a witch scavenger hunt. The kids were able to get chocolate chip cookies afterwards, and were thrilled!


When we got home, we carved our pumpkins. Tyler has never carved a pumpkin before so he was excited. But neither really liked to touch the "guts". But Daniel liked trying to cut his pumpkin and did a good job until he gave up.



We had Chili and orange colored, pumpkin and bat shaped scones for dinner and then the kids got to go trick-or-treating. Daniel isn't a big candy eater and when he came home he seperated his candy into the "I like pile vs. the I don't like pile". It seems that Daniel doesn't much care for chocolate but loves the Smarties and Starbursts. We felt bad because we would have been better about helping him to choose more of those kinds of candy. But I'm sure he didn't care. Tyler on the other hand wouldn't stop eating his candy. As soon as he got home, he dived right into his bag and we had to finally take it away. One of their favorite treats they got were the bag of chips Daniel's primary teacher. When Daniel got home he proudly announced that he wanted to have his Cheetos for breakfast. I figured it couldn't hurt as long as he had cereal of something else with it. So they had Cheetos and Doritos for breakfast the day following Halloween.
What a great day!

No comments: