THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

And he's off...

First day of kindergarten for Daniel has come and gone without any troubles what so ever. In fact, it's been pretty uneventful. I even think he is a little bored. He did say he was bored the first day of school, because he wanted to play and they were coloring. I had to remind him that kindergarten is a bit different from preschool, and that there won't be as much play time as before. Only a few tears were shed by me. Jonathan was more upset by it all. I'm not sure if he was mad that I didn't let him climb into the car by himself or if he was worried we were leaving Daniel behind. I can't believe he's off to school now. Tyler is having a hard time adjusting and only wants to watch tv the 2 1/2 hours Daniel is gone. Tyler will start preschool in over a week, and then the afternoons at our house will be pretty quiet. I'm just happy everything is going well, and that we are back to a routine.






playing hopscotch while waiting for school to start

outside the classroom


Daniel and his buddy Adam




All lined up with the kids getting ready to head inside.


2 comments:

Danielle said...

I can't believe your kids are old enough to be in school all day! Crazy. Good luck with the new schedule!

Rebecah Ogden said...

i can't believe he's that old. that makes me feel even older! congrats on making it through the first day