THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I never knew!

Two days ago, I opened my dishwasher to find clean dishes that weren't clean. It looked like the dishwasher rinsed the dishes and then the soap was sprayed everywhere and dried onto the dishes. We had been having some issues with the dishwasher, but this was the "straw that broke the camels back". So I decided I would take it apart and see what I could see. Taking apart the dishwasher was a far bigger task than I had assumed it would be. And what I found when I took it apart was beyond my wildest dreams. If I didn't know any better, I would have assumed that someone took dry wall powder and put it inside my dishwasher. The drain and motor and all its pieces was covered in what looked like a thick plaster. No wonder my dishwasher wasn't working well. It took Nathan and I about 3 hours to get it all cleaned up. And I am happy to say that my dishwasher is now working better than it has in a long time. I guess you are suppose to clean your dishwasher regularly without dishes in it. I never knew!

















3 comments:

Jones Family said...

Was it hard water build-up? We had to clean our dishwasher monthly from hard water stains. Now we just wash dishes with this "booster" called LemonShine. It works wonders!

Cristine said...

You are a brave woman to take on that task. I'm glad it's working better for you. We had to replace our dishwasher a couple of months ago. I wish our fix would have been so simple as a good cleaning:(

Nurse Heidi said...

Eek! I'm super impressed that you pulled your dishwasher apart. I don't think I even CAN do that much with mine - it's a Bosch and it's mostly sealed up tightly. The heating element is not even exposed.