Another slide show for the rest of the trip.
Day 4 we went to the La Brea Tar Pits. This is a place my grandfather always took me when I was little. This is a museum that is located around real natural tar pits. They have found millions (I believe over 3 million) fossils in the tar. They are fossils from mammoths, dire wolves, saber tooth cats and many more interesting things from that time period. The fossils are not found in liquid tar like we are familiar with but in hard tar deposits. There are even places in the parking lot of the museum that have been fenced off because the tar is starting to leak through the cracks. This place was pretty cool.
After the museum we went to the beach. Thanks to Heidi for her recommendation we went to the Salt Creek Beach which is situated between Laguna Beach and Dana Point, if you are familiar with that area. It was beautiful. It was too bad that we didn't have enough time to spend there.
Day 5 we went back to Disneyland for one last big day. Because it was the weekend and the beginning of the spring break season for the park, it was opened from 8-12 that day. My plan was to go early, break mid day and stay late for the fireworks. The day worked out okay except for the fact that Tyler and Jonathan got sick and had 103 degree fevers. But as long as they had the Tylenol they were fine. This was our last day and I wasn't going to let the fevers stop us. We had a great time this day. We had a mini-tantrum when Daniel decided he was too tired and wanted to go back to the hotel and rest. But we made him go on Pirates anyway, and I think he stopped crying by time we were about 5 minutes into it. That day we also rode on Haunted Mansion, Pooh's ride, Small World, Buzz, Toy Story Mania in CA adventure, Tarzan's Treehouse, and Star Tours. Tyler rode on Splash Mountain with Nathan, Grandpa and I while Grandma waited with Jonathan. We got soaked, but it was great!
Day 6 we packed up and left for home. It was a long, long ride. We were all so tired and just wanted to be home, and 13 hours later we were. With the sick kids and being so tired I was so tempted to stay at a hotel half way, but we pushed through and made it home 1am on Sunday morning.
We had a great time. I wished we had had more time. There were some rides we didn't get to go on. We only made it on Dumbo in fantasy land, and on Saturday morning Daniel realized we didn't get to go on the tea cups and he was really disappointed. we decided that there will be no more big trips like this one with one year olds. It is just too hard. I would like to go back to Disneyland some day, but maybe in 5 years or so. We'll see.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Looks like SO MUCH FUN! I'm jealous of everything but the fevers.
I'm glad that you guys had a good trip! I cannot imagine it with 3 boys, but you do such a great job and have awesome patience. If Bryce is still working at Disney in 5 years, we could make it an Alpha trip! :)
Ah, Salt Creek Beach...wish I could go there RIGHT NOW! That place was gorgeous.
Our kids are asking to go to Disneyland again. I told them not until Katie reaches that magical height of 40 inches where she can ride nearly all of the rides. We've found that it's the most fun to go if you have another family with you that can swap kids back and forth to allow the big kids to go on their rides and the little kids to hang out on Winnie the Pooh all day if necessary. Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment