I've been thinking about this post for the past few days and wondering how I should do it. I have so many cute pictures, that it is hard for me to choose. So, here is a slideshow for days 1,2 and 3 of our vacation. Oh, and Daniel is in this let-make-weird-faces-for-the-camera-phase. (Some of the pictures have descriptions, just drag your mouse over the picture if you want to know.)
Day one we traveled. We left just after 4am thinking the kids would go right back to sleep. They didn't which kind of ruined our plans of eating breakfast in St. George. So we ate at McDonalds in Cedar City instead. The kids did fairly well. The movies and Grandma and Grandpa entertained them most of the time. But there were several times when Jonathan couldn't be consoled and we just had to ignore him to cry it out. :( We made the trip there in less than 13 hours. Long, long, long!
Day two we went to Disneyland. It was our magic morning where we could get in an hour early. The first ride we went on was the Buzz Lightyear ride. This was one of their favorites. Then we headed to the Finding Nemo Adventure where we waited in line for over 30 minutes which wasn't really worth it in my opinion. Then the kids did Autopia while I nursed Jonathan and then we headed to Small World and Toontown. After lunch Nathan, Tyler and I did Big Thunder and then the boys were done. So we headed back to our "too small hotel room for 7 people".
Day three was at California Adventure. We had fun on Mike and Sully to the Rescue and in Bug's Land. But I think there favorite was the Toy Story Mania where your car stops for about a minute and different carnival-like rides and you shoot things. I'm sure you could find a video of it on you tube if you really wanted to know what it was like. They also liked climbing at Brother Bear Rock Creek Challenge. Tyler joined Nathan and I for the Grizzly Raft ride where we all got soaked, but Tyler was a good sport, and then I waited with Jonathan while they all went on Soarin Over California.
It was a busy first three days. We had fun. Tyler was the most adventerous of the kids and went on all the big grown up rides and really liked them. He didn't even get upset when he got wet, just kept talking about it like it was the greatest thing ever.
Monday, March 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
How fun! I'm glad you guys were all well and able to go! Your kids are at the perfect age for Disney....sounds like it was all worth it (even the drive!)!!
sounds like fun. did Kae go? I did not see any pictures of her. Did your youngest kids like it? we are thinking maybe next year, I am worried that Kendell and our new baby who will be 1, will be too young, but I would really like to go. tons of fun.
Looks like fun! What hotel did you end up staying in?
What a fun trip! It sounds like you guys had a good time! Your boys are darling! I can't believe how old Jonathan is getting!
Post a Comment