THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Part I

The entire week of Christmas was really busy this year. At times I felt that I was doing so much and was so stressed about having everything done and being at places on time, that I was missing Christmas. I hope that next year I will be able to space it all a little bit better and not worry so much. But with that being said, here is the first thing we did the week of Christmas.

Last year was the first year that we attended the annual sing-a-long at the Energy Solutions Arena. We had so much fun that we decided to make it a tradition. This year Nathan's brother, Ben, and his family joined us. The event was WAY more crowded than it was last year. Last year I remember that the upper bowl wasn't even full. This year the ENTIRE upper bowl was full. And they ran out of the free hot dogs. Ben missed the entire first half of the sing-a-long waiting in line for hot dogs for his family and then he didn't even get any. I felt so bad. Maybe next year they will plan a little bit better.

This year was the 25th anniversary, and because of that, they had Jon Schmidt there to play some songs for us. Even Jon's 8 year old daughter sang some songs for us. I think that him playing was probably my favorite part. That and my boys singing at the top of their lungs to all the songs.

I hope that this can be a tradition for our family every year.


No comments: