THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Monday, August 17, 2009

Camping at Redman



For the past 3 summers we have gone camping with Nathan's family. The first two times we were up in the Uintas and this last time we were up Big Cottonwood Canyon at the Redmans campground. We had a wonderful time when it wasn't like this.....


So much rain, Peter made canals to direct it away from the fire.

Trying to stay warm and dry.



Yes, that is hail! It did that for at least 30 minutes.

Boys watching Evan Almighty in the car trying to keep warm and dry.


And when it wasn't raining, hailing, or freezing, we had a good time.....


Being with family.


Throwing rocks in the creek.

Catching fish.


Playing with Grandma and Grandpa.

Fishing.



Hanging out around the fire.


Jonathan and Carson chillin'.

It was a bit chilly on Thursday night when we arrived. And Friday was an absolutely beautiful day until it rained later that afternoon. Then it rained and hailed on and off until Saturday afternoon which left most us packing up and leaving early. Saturdy morning I had to resort to nuring Jonathan in the car because he was so bundled and uncomfortable he wouldn't nurse. By 10am the thermometer hadn't reached 40 degrees yet. Fortunately it cleared up and warmed up before we left and we were able to enjoy a couple more hours in nature. We went river fishing which I have never done before, but I'm not very good at fishing so I wasn't hopeful. But I caught 5 or 6 fish in the river, which makes me think that maybe I should just stick to river fishing from now on. Every year it rains on us, and I wonder if there will ever be a year it doesn't. But spending time in the mountains and being with family makes it a wonderful time.


Family pic on the log.

Natalie and Peter

Daniel was being grumpy and wouldn't be in the picture so Grandpa posed with him.

Cousins.

2 comments:

Rebecah Ogden said...

fun stuff

Charis said...

Too fun. I remember going camping every year like that with all the strong cousins! It is one of my favorite memories. I am jealous that your family is around. I tried to have a family camp out, and half my family lives out of state! Count your blessings! :) you have a great family.