THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Friday, April 3, 2009

A First For Me!


Last night I tried my hand at making chicken noodle soup for the first time. I was so impressed with how it turned out, that I just had to post my recipe. It was delicous, and even Nathan couldn't believe how good it was since it was my first time. The picture is what I made.


Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
2 chicken breasts
6 cups water
1/2 onion, chopped
4 chicken boullion cubes (4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups water)
celery leaves
2 bay leaves
salt
pepper
baby carrots
2-3 stalks celery
noodles
cornstarch dissolved in cold water (optional)
Put the chicken, water, onion, chicken boullion, celery leaves, bay leaves, salt and pepper in crock pot and cook on low for about 5-6 hours. Then remove the chicken and cut it into pieces (It will shred) and put it back in the crock pot. Take out the bay leaves. Then add the carrots and celery. Cook for another hour or so. Then an hour before serving turn up the crock pot to high and add the uncooked noodles (I used curly pasta noodles, I'm sure any would work). Don't add them to early, mine where a bit mushy. Now is also the time to add some cornstarch if you want it thicker. It is really good with sourdough bread!

4 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

That's looks yummy! I will have to try that.

The Wessman Family said...

Mmmmm...sounds good!

marinda said...

Marinda adds some sage to season chicken soup to give it a little added flavor.

Jones Family said...

Delicious! Thanks for the recipe!