THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School

The first day of school for both Daniel and Tyler came and went quite uneventfully. I actually cried this time. I am sad to have Daniel gone all day and worry that he will be more influenced by his teacher and peers now than by us. But he is a good kid and he will be a good friend.

Tyler is liking kindergarten, although he is quite exhausted when he comes home. I'm hoping he will adjust soon because these 30 minute tantrums everyday are really starting to bother me.

Jonathan wishes he could go to school too. When we dropped off Tyler for his first day, Jonathan had his back pack and he was already to go and stay with Tyler. He was quite upset when we had to leave.

I, on the other hand, am still having a hard time adjusting. I do not like to get up early to help Daniel with homework and piano and making lunch. I usually don't have to do breakfast because Nathan usually helps with that or Daniel is finally old enough to make his own breakfast. He even cooks rice over the stove for "rice and raisins" for breakfast. I'm also finding it hard to get my own schedule going. But that might have more to do with Olivia than anything.



Daniel on the first day of first grade.
Tyler on the first day of Kindergarten.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

They are growing so big! Holy cow! I still need to meet cute Oliva...hope you are doing well!

Rebecah Ogden said...

I can't believe you have a first grader. :)