Christmas Eve was a big day for us. Nathan and I woke up early that morning and dragged the kids to Grandma's early so that we could go to the temple. I had been feeling sort of frazzled and really felt like I needed to be there. It was a great way to start the holiday.
Then we rushed back to Grandma's to throw the turkey in her oven. While the turkey was cooking I cleaned and made treats. Grandma played with the boys and Nathan ran back to the house to get some presents we forgot and to finish wrapping some presents too.
We had dinner early because we wanted to home in time to still do our own family traditions. After a wonderful dinner we opened presents and played some fun games.
When we got home we made some cookies for Santa, opened our new jammies and read the Christmas story in front of the fireplace. It was a good day, and Nathan and I made it in bed before 1am.
Christmas day was fun. I was so happy when Daniel came into our bedroom that morning and said that Santa came and he brought him a castle, "Not a lego castle with little peices, but a big one. I'm so excited!" As a parent I always worry that the gifts we give them won't be "cool". And there were definetly some of those. I wonder if there will ever be a year where there isn't a toy that is a "dud".
Christmas day always seem to be kind of slow. It's very exciting and fast paced in the morning, and then its over, and were left with the rest of the day to ourselves. But we are also so tired, that it is nice to stay home and rest and clean up all the mess.
I think the boys loved most of their gifts. We got many games this year which have been fun. The boys love to play and some of them are fast enough that we can play right before bed. Besides the castle and the crane, they got Hungry, Hungry Hippos, handmade pistols that shoot rubber bands that Nathan made for them, complete with their own initials in them. I got a pressure canner that I am thrilled about and can't wait to use next summer. I also got a book on herbal healing which I also love. I feel that herbs are good for many things, but I am not one of those people who would never use drugs. I have actually been using some herbs for this cold I have and they are really helping. Usually I get sick, sick during the winter and I haven't yet. I also got some books on canning and preserving fruits and vegetables and I am getting really excited for my garden this year. I've already started looking at seeds and trying to decide what I want to grow. Is it spring yet? Nathan loves his new electric shaver and his cordless drill.
6 comments:
Looks like a fun morning! Lots of smiles from all your boys makes it worth it!
What an awesome Christmas! PS - Cole has the exact same ball popper and is just getting into it. Don't worry, he'll love it when he gets a bit older!
Thanks for your comment on my blog, it was sweet! I responded to it on the comment thread.
Your boys are adorable!
Christmas gets crazier and messier every year at our house, too!
What a wonderful day!!! What wonderful memories and feelings and experiences you are creating for your children!!!
awesome castle! fun times
Post a Comment