So that dreaded Swine Flu that we have all been hearing about for the past 6 months has hit us. Daniel started getting sick Saturday morning, but I wasn't sure what it was. We kept him home from primary on Sunday and then he got a really bad fever, 104, at Grandma's house on Sunday night. His fever broke Monday afternoon but I started getting worried about this nasty cough he had. And I began to wonder if he had the flu and was getting a secondary infection. Tuesday I took him to see the doctor and was told that he probably (90% sure) had the swine flu. (Had because the fever was gone.) The only way they would test him would be if he was in the hospital, but his doctor said that he had seen a lot of it. And that the cough could last up to 2 weeks. So, I went home and called various family members whom we had exposed and called preschool too. The preschool teacher told me that half of his class, 7 kids, were out of school that day, and I knew that Daniel's neighbor friend who he has class with was sick too. Great! Well, at least I knew where he got it. Now Tyler has it, and Jonathan is coughing a bit too. I got a call earlier this afternoon from my sister in law telling me that her son, Brayden, that we saw on Saturday has the swine flu. And then this evening I found out that my brother in law has it too. And he has diabetes, so now I am freaking out even more. Oh brother. I feel absolutely terrible. I hope that it wasn't us that got all these people sick!
Now I just wait a few days for everyone to get better and pray that I don't get sick. I HATE being sick. And please, please, pray that Jonathan doesn't get it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
good luck with all that jen! what a nasty bug
Best wishes! That is no fun at all. I sure hope that you and Jonathon don't get it. It is nice that Daniel's fever broke so quickly.
Sorry to hear your family is sick too. We have not had the flu, but everything else and it has not been fun! Get feeling better soon.
Post a Comment