Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas tree...
....how can I save you! I am at my wits end with my kids and the Christmas tree. You would think that after the legos and the blocks got grounded for being thrown at the tree and breaking ornaments that my kids would stop, but they haven't. Today Tyler found marbles and dice and while I was downstairs threw them at the tree and broke another ornament. What am I to do? The tree has already been stripped from the bottom half, and all of the ornaments are clinging to life on the top half. All that did was save the ornaments from getting taken off the tree, not being broken. So, do I just take off all the ornaments? Do I put away the tree until Christmas Eve? Do I put the tree away even though it punishes me? (I've always been taught that you shouldn't punish your kids if it punishes you 'cause then you are less likely to follow through.) OH! What's a mom to do?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I am sorry, but I started to laugh, cause just a few years ago we had the same problem... with our girls. just hang in there hopefully next year will be better. just a few more days and then you can take it down. don't punish yourself. Just take off all the real important stuff don't worry about the rest
take care and have a merry christmas...
I've bought a lot of ornaments from Target-the shatter proof kind so that Olivia can play with those. Those are at the bottom of the tree. I've been fortunate enough that she hasn't really taken to playing with them or the tree! Good luck!
This blog had an interesting idea...
http://losbradley.blogspot.com/
maybe it would work this year??
Take down the important and breakable ones and leave up the ones that aren't. That is what we did. David will only put up the fun ones anyways. No breakable ones.
I feel for you. Of course my girls never used the tree for target practice. A few years ago I bought a smaller 4 ft tree at the day after christmas sale. I let them decorate that tree with unbreakable ornaments and as long as they leave my tree alone I don't care what they do to theirs.
Your family is so cute and I really like your blog. I hope I can be a blog snooper and look at it from time to time. Have a Merry Christmas.
Oh i feel your pain my friend, go read my most recent post on my blog! lol
Post a Comment