THE STRONG EXPERIMENT

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

We put up our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving. The kids couldn't wait. They were great helpers. And Tyler has only broken 2 ornaments so far. One of our poor little raccoons was thrown down the stairs and is now missing 2 legs, we already glued on his arm. And a poor peguin lost his popsicle, but has since found it again.

The boys love to put on the stockings and hats and be Santa even though they are scared of him. They love him from a distance, but I am not waiting in any Santa lines this year just to have them scream and run. No way! But these are the cutest pictures of the kids getting into the holiday spirit.

Daniel has told me now that he doesn't want to wait for Christmas to come any more, he has waited too long and wants to open his presents. (We are making rings today to count down to the big day!) And we don't even have presents under the tree yet, (and won't if I have anything to do with it) until Christmas Eve. Otherwise, I know one little boy who would have them open in a flash! We've already had to find a new hiding place for our presents because Daniel already found some and told his Dad that he wants to play with his cars for Christmas. He brings it up everyday, and everyday we have to tell him that those cars are a surprise and that he can't have them until Christmas. Bummer because I really wanted to put those Hot Wheels in their stockings.

Merry Christmas! And on a bright note...I put 15 gallons of gas in my Sequioa today and paid only $25. That means that I can pay $50 a month for gas. I probably haven't done that since I was 16.

2 comments:

Jones Family said...

I'm worried about Lyv getting into the ornaments as well... any tips? Your boys are cute, little elves! :)

Troy and Rebekah said...

I'm glad that I can learn from your experiences before having my own kids. I think that I'll invest in stuffed animal ornaments or something child friendly that can be thrown down the stairs without breaking. Since I own three ornaments totall this shouldn't be too much of a want, right?!

So did you like Twilight? Our blog is troyrebekah.blogspot.com