Today I got locked inside my own house inside a bedroom. Here's the funny/not so funny story that I never want to forget. It's that sort of story that you never thought could ever happen to you.
I was getting Olivia dressed in her room. Tyler and Jonathan come into watch and play same as always. But Jonathan closes the door and locks it. First you must know that the door handle on Olivia's door is "flipped" from when she was first born so that we could lock it from the hallway to keep Jonathan out, and we haven't "flipped" it back. So Jonathan locked the door and then closed it from the inside. Yes, we were locked inside Olivia's room, all 4 of us. I tried looking for things that I could use to put in the hole to unlock the door. Wire hanger, Olivia's hair clip, screw, and a safety pin. None of those worked. I opened the window, pushed out the screen and considered jumping, but it's too far up from the top floor. Even considered climbing to see if I could get to the stair railing, to far. Saw someone coming out of my neighbors house and yelled at them to help me. I didn't know her, so she went inside and got my friend Ilse who tried to open my garage with the code but it wasn't working. Front door is locked. Crap!!! She goes and gets her cell phone so I can call my husband who then tells me the correct garage code (I was off by one digit). Door opens, Ilse comes inside and unlocks the door. Hooray, I'm not going to be locked in all day, and Tyler isn't going to pee his pants, or miss his kindergarten testing.
So grateful for friends to bail me out, or at least push buttons and unlock doors.
Thursday, January 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Too funny! Or at least you can maybe laugh about it now. Hyrum is always locking doors lately and it is driving me crazy! He did that same thing to our bathroom but luckly no one was inside. We just couldn't us the bathroom! Kids are funny! Hope you are donig well!
Post a Comment